Friday, May 10, 2013

Happy Friday! I just got back from 12 days in Orlando and I'm looking forward to a couple full days of practice to prepare for my upcoming events. Next up is the Women's U.S. Open qualifier in Atlanta, followed by the Friends of Mission Charity Classic in Asheville, NC, which is a Symetra Tour event. I am continuing to work on my process of picking the right targets and committing to every shot. On a sunny day after a practice round last week at Grande Pines golf course in Orlando, a good friend and supporter of the women's Tour showed me his full set of old fashioned hickory clubs. He plays twice a week with them and challenged me to hit them... I nearly asked him if he wanted to trade 5 irons! Haha It's amazing how much club technology has changed! Hitting hickory sticks, persimmon woods, and even a mashie with a bamboo shaft made me appreciate the scores and swings of golf's legends. Although I hit them well I think I'll stick with modern materials for now, but it's always fun to go old-fashioned for a little while!

Have a fun weekend!

Brooke






No comments:

Post a Comment