Sunday, June 16, 2013

Toronto, EH?

Hello again from Canuck/Maple Leaf -land!

Following the conclusion of the CN Canadian Women's Tour event outside Montreal, I drove back to the airport and flew to Toronto to spend the weekend with friends. I really enjoyed playing Toronto Golf Club with them and getting in some good practice between tournaments; what a treat! I had never been to Toronto before but I liked it! It is a very clean and pretty place, but like all major cities it definitely has its traffic problems, so make sure you leave early enough to make your tee time! I remember the first time I was in Heathrow Airport in London. I felt tiny in the massive terminals and that's also how Toronto's main airport made me feel. I appreciated the friends' hospitality and had fun meeting some of their friends as well. I even tried a new South Carolina themed drink called Boot Scootin' Bourbon, which was still tasty up here North of the border. Practicing and recharging between tournaments while visiting familiar faces is invaluable when traveling to multiple events in a row... And who doesn't love great food, awesome company, and a big fun sailor dog named Monty? I can't wait until I can come back to check out more of this cool busy city!

Off to catch my tiny propeller-plane to the next event Windsor, Ontario! 

Brooke




No comments:

Post a Comment